“Bio Wellness” is the certification issued by ICEA for beauty farms, Spa and fitness centres that conceive wellness as a global approach to the person, as a part of the whole environment.
“Bio Wellness” blue logo, synthesis of the experience gained by ICEA in the certification of environment-friendly cosmetics, organic catering, environment-friendly architecture and furniture, and organic textile, qualifies and distinguishes the firms of the sector, assuring customers of the respect of the environment, the expertise of the staff and quality of products and services.
Bio Wellness Principles
The fundamental principles of Bio Wellness are described in ICEA Standards with the aim of harmonizing the discipline of aesthetic care with all others disciplines involved in body and soul care, with a holistic approach, that consider the person as part of the surrounding environment.
The Standards consider the following aspects:
- body and personal care
- interactions between the person and the environment
- human relationship and customer care.
The Standards promote:
- a global approach to the person and his/her condition,
- education to a healthy life style,
- use of organic and environment-friendly products (food, beverages, body care products, personal care and hygiene products, and household detergents),
- respect of the environment,
- preservation and valorisation of the landscape and the environment
- a conscious and environmentally sustainable use of natural resources
- skills of the staff, through permanent training and awareness
Who can apply for this certification?
Bio wellness Standards concern services for the wellbeing, meant here as physical and psychological relief.
Certifiable subject are:
Spa – Thermal baths,
Only for the specific activities described in the Standard and that have legal authorization to carry out this type of activities.
The structure has to fulfil the following requirements:
• Being located far from relevant chemical, electromagnetic and noise pollution,
• Have environmental features that are comfortable for customers,
• A rational use of natural resources, reducing water and energy consumption,
• Managing ornamental and recreational green areas with proper techniques according to organic agriculture requirements,
• Offering at least one full treatment (face and body) with products “BIO Cosmetics” certified,
• Using mostly environmentally friendly detergents to clean areas dedicated to services,
• Supplying food and beverages from organic agriculture,
• Managing the staff according to a flow-chart, through an identification system
• Training the staff through courses and updating workshops and activities.
Download the document needed to obtain the Bio wellness certification:
Regulation for voluntary certification
Application for certification
Roberta Bartoletti tel. + 39. 051.27.29.86 email firstname.lastname@example.org